RoCEv2 + netns == Doom

I'm trying to do a simple ib_send_bw test between two VMs that each
have a network namespace. Unfortunately, it seems like the netns layer
is dropping the RoCEv2 traffic.  The test works fine if I don't use ip
netns.  TCP also works perfectly.

I verified this using tcpdump on the bridge between the two test VMs.
I have tried both mlx4_ib and rdma_rxe and they both fail, though with
slightly different error messages.

I'm using Alma 9 and the elrepo ml kernel for my tests (6.2.10 currently)

It looks like rdma cm connections should work since rdma is in universal mode:

# rdma system
netns shared copy-on-fork on
# rdma link
link rxe_eth0/1 state ACTIVE physical_state LINK_UP netdev eth0

I tried the non-SMC suggestions in this thread but with no luck yet:
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/20211228130611.19124-2-tonylu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/T/

What should I try next?

Thanks,
Mark