Re: question about the completion tasklet in the rxe driver

On Thu, Mar 16, 2023 at 12:14:30PM -0500, Bob Pearson wrote:

> And you did. I am not sure why the mlx5 driver defers the completion handler call
> to a tasklet. I could be that it gets called in a hard interrupt and completion
> handling is deferred to a soft interrupt context. But for rxe the completion
> is always already in a soft interrupt context or a process context.

mlx5_eq_comp_int() is a hard IRQ context

mlx5_cq_tasklet_cb() is in a tasklet context

It has some logic that it only does a certain amount of work per
tasklet call and then it reschedules itself to run again.

mlx5_ib_cq_comp() is in a tasklet context

Jason