Re: pull-request: mlx5-next 2023-01-24 V2

On Wed, 8 Feb 2023 20:59:59 -0400 Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Who said IP configuration.
>
> Please explain to me your vision how we could do IPSEC in rdma and
> continue to use an IP address owned by netdev while netdev is also
> running IPSEC on the same IP address for netdev traffic.

I'm no expert on IPsec but AFAIK it doesn't treat the entire endpoint
as a single unit.

> I can't see how it is even technically possible.
>
> Tell me how the NIC knows, on a packet by packet basis, if the IPSEC
> or IKE packet should be delivered to netdev or to RDMA.

Just a forwarding problem. Whether NIC matches on UDP port or ESP+SPI
programmed via some random API is a detail.

Could you please go back to answering the question of how we deliver
on the compromise that was established to merge the full xfrm offload?

There's only so much time I can spend circling the subject.