Re: RDMA/rxe: Receive wqe flush error completions on qp error

On 10/12/2022 12:28 PM, Bob Pearson wrote:
On 10/12/22 11:26, Haakon Bugge wrote:

On 12 Oct 2022, at 18:17, Bob Pearson <rpearsonhpe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Currently the rxe driver flushes the send queue on a transition of the qp to the error state and completes these wqes with flush errors but does not do this for the receive queue. The IBA spec requires that this happens. Is there a reason why this wasn't done or does it just not come up in practice?

It does of course happen in practise using HW HCAs. The ULP or user-space process need to free the resources used by the recv WRs. And it does so by receiving the work-completions (which in this case is FLUSHED_IN_ERROR).

Thxs, Håkon

That is what I expected. I will try to fix this.

That's definitely a bug to not flush the RQ. I'm a bit surprised
the ULPs haven't been impacted by this.

Tom.