Re: [RFC net-next] net/smc:introduce 1RTT to SMC

在 2022/5/25 下午9:42, Alexandra Winter 写道:

Thank you D. Wythe for your proposals, the prototype and measurements.
They sound quite promising to us.
 > We need to carefully evaluate them and make sure everything is compatible
with the existing implementations of SMC-D and SMC-R v1 and v2. In the
typical s390 environment ROCE LAG is propably not good enough, as the card
is still a single point of failure. So your ideas need to be compatible
with link redundancy. We also need to consider that the extension of the
protocol does not block other desirable extensions.

Your prototype is very helpful for the understanding. Before submitting any
code patches to net-next, we should agree on the details of the protocol
extension. Maybe you could formulate your proposal in plain text, so we can
discuss it here?

I am very pleased to hear that your team have interest in this proposals, and thanks a lot for your advise. We really appreciate your point of view about compatibility, In fact, we are working on some written drafts which compatibility is quite a important part, and will be shared here soon.

We also need to inform you that several public holidays are upcoming in the
next weeks and several of our team will be out for summer vacation, so please
allow for longer response times.

Thanks for your informing, that's totaly okay to us. May your holidays be full of warmth and cheer.

Kind regards
Alexandra Winter

D. Wyther
Thanks.