Re: blktest failures

On 4/15/22 02:12, Yanjun Zhu wrote:
> 在 2022/4/10 5:43, Bob Pearson 写道:
>>>
>>> That SYNCHRONIZE CACHE is a passthrough command sent on the request_queue
>>> and should not be affected by stopping all file system I/O.
>>
>> When I run check -q srp
>> all the test cases pass but each one stops for 3+ minutes at synchronize cache.
>> The rxe device is still active until sync cache returns when the last QP and the PD
>> are destroyed. It may be that the queues are blocked waiting for something else
>> even though they have reported success??
>
> If you remove all the xarray patches and use the original source code. This will not occur.
>
> Zhu Yanjun

I know. I am trying to find out why. For performance reasons I very much want to
make the xarray + rcu_locking patches work correctly. All the spinlock issues are
now fixed in my tree. What is left is a race in the RDMA read retry code somewhere.
I'll find it. In the process of chasing this I have found several real bugs and
I suspect a few more are out there.

Bob