Two announcements

First, many of us have talked in the past about the benefit dedicated
testing of the upstream kernel and rdma-core packages (as well as
dependent packages, like libfabric or openmpi) would be to the
community.  And although people thought it was a good idea, no one
stepped forward to undertake the task.  So, the OpenFabrics Alliance,
and by extension myself as one of the working group chairs for the
FSDP Working Group, did.  Many of you probably saw the announcement
this week that the FSDP has reached phase I complete.  That basically
means that the beaker cluster is up and running and the test harness
is functional.  The next step, phase II, is to add a CI infrastructure
into the cluster while also building out the testing repository, and
then enabling that CI infrastructure on the upstream kernel repo as
well as any interested user space repos.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, while I've been off doing these
things, Jason has carried the burden of RDMA kernel maintenance on his
own.  Since adding the CI infrastructure and getting the initial tests
added to the cluster will not likely provide me any more free time
than I have had recently, the second announcement is that I'm going to
remove my name from the list of upstream kernel maintainers on the
RDMA stack and the rdma-core user space package.  I suspect Jason will
likely work to enlist some help to the upstream role, but I'll let him
elaborate on that.  I'm currently at SC21 and will send a patch to the
MAINTAINERS file when I get back and have access to my kernel repo.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford@xxxxxxxxxx>
GPG KeyID: B826A3330E572FDD