Re: PPP Modem Hangup

Devesh Chipade <devesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I am still not able to ping into ubuntu/linux or into my aosp target
    > device without explicitly mentioning -I ppp0 interface.  ping -I ppp0
    > 10.0.0.1 / ping -I ppp0 10.0.0.2 works but ping 10.0.0.1 / ping
    > 10.0.0.2 does not work,

Android does stuff with the networking stack so that it can live in multiple
provider domains.   So the default route (if it exists) often lives in a
alternate routing table.

    > I have verified the ip route, ip tables, ip addr show as well as
    > ifconfig (both on linux and aosp target). Seems to be all good in it.
    > Any suggestions?

you didn't post details, but..

if you tcpdump on your Ubuntu side, you'll probably see that AOSP side has
picked some other IP address as the source.  If you really want to fix that,
then add a route back to the ppp0 device on the ubuntu side, but probably you
just need to make sure that the Android side always uses the right source IP.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works
 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-                      *I*LIKE*TRAINS*