Re: Support for udp

Sagar Acharya <sagaracharya@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > So are you saying pppd does not support udp or does it?  Thanking you
    > Sagar Acharya https://humaaraartha.in/selfdost/selfdost.html

You didn't understand the answer because you didn't actually ask a sensible question.

PPP is a "layer-2"
UDP is a "layer-4"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model
https://www.oreilly.com/library/view/internet-core-protocols/1565925726/ch01s02s02.html

There are situations where one might encapsulate PPP packets into UDP
packets.  This usually happens in back-hauls of ISP/DSL networks using L2TP.
But, that's not a typical situation for an end-user.

Myself and many others have built commercial BRAS using pppd, and there is
even support in the Linux kernel for efficient encap/decap of L2TP/PPP packets.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadband_remote_access_server