Re: CHAP Auth issue at CentOS-6.8

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, James Carlson wrote:

On 09/13/2016 08:33 AM, Sekar D wrote:
I did not see kind of issue on CentOS-5.11 . Please let me know if I
need to change any config parameters.

It's a little hard to tell.  What are your current configuration parameters?

Have you tried running pppd with debugging enabled?  It would help to
have a trace of the connection in order to diagnose the failure mode.
The starting point is the pppd "debug" option, but if you're controlling
this connection with ifup/ifdown scripts, you'll have to look at your
system configuration to find out what pppd options are in use for that
link.  One possible answer, if all else fails, would be to run this
while the link is in the process of establishing:

 ps -fp `pgrep -d, pppd` | cat

-www argument to ps should do the same thing without cat.

(Yes, the "cat" is important; it tricks ps into printing the whole line.)