Re: PPP over PCIe

<salix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I want to send ppp packets generated in linux ppp module over PCIe
    > instead of serial port. and then through FPGA send packets out.

The kernel PPP system supports sending it out over Ethernet or ATM.
Note that there is a difference between async ppp (HDLC stuffing), and
sync ppp (no stuffing).

    > I using RIFFA architecture for send and receive data to/from FPGA via
    > PCIe,
    > RIFFA has library in user space to communicate with it's driver.
    > RIFFA site: https://sites.google.com/a/eng.ucsd.edu/matt-jacobsen/riffa

If you want to do this at some speed, you don't want to take a trip through
userspace.  I don't know what RIFFA is, but I suggest you want to use an
in-kernel interface.

    > is it enough to change ppp_generic.c and ppp_channel.h and tty.c?

No, as the packets don't really go through userspace even for serial.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [