Re: PPP to MS RRAS Server Protocol errors

Hi, Rick!

В Сбт, 18/02/2012 в 21:11 +0000, Rick Blair пишет:
> hi all,
>
> I can connect to a microsoft RRAS server on Windows 2003 server.
>
> Setup Fedora 15 64 bit
> Kernel 2.6.41.10-3
>
> I am using wvdial
>
> I successfully authenticate with MS-CHAP V2
>
> PPP options
> nobsdcomp
> refuse-eap
> require-mppe-128
> mppe-stateful
> noaccomp
> nodeflate
> nopcomp
>

> Everything looks good,  except every packet I receive from the windows box I get
> Unsupported protocol xxxxx received
>
> where xxx seems to have a fairly random value.
> Any clues?

I've ran in similar trouble a year ago. The difference in my case was
that I was connecting from windows box to linux server, but the issue
seems to be same.

You can look at my original post to this mail list here:
http://marc.info/?l=linux-ppp&m=129753728204109&w=2

But I had no response to that. It seems, nobody here is interested in
getting stateful mppe encryption work. MPPE stateless mode works good,
however.

Alexey.