From: James Cameron [mailto:quozl@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, March 14, 2011 04:46 PM
To: linux-ppp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: pptponfig centos 5.4

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 01:05:26PM +0000, tony.chamberlain@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Using the Windows pptp when I connect it allows the remote host to set
> my routes for the PPTP vpn.

Is there a protocol specification for how this is achieved?

> Is there a way to do this in Linux too?

Not to my knowledge.  It would imply a communication of routing policy
over the PPP link, and some way to know if it is trusted.

A common way to achieve this is to use /etc/ppp/ip-up.d scripts on the
client side that recognise the tunnel in some way.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/