Intervening IPCP Configure Requests

Hello,

I'm using pppd as a server and I would want to do the following:
 1.) Client sends IPCP configure request including an IP-address for the
client
 2.) Before pppd responds I want to decide on accepting or rejecting the IP
address outside pppd
 3.) Based on the decision in 2.) I want either to ACK the IPCP configure
request or terminate the ppp connection.

Second use case is when client does not specify an IP-address. Then I would
want to acquire a dynamic address, again outside pppd. If I found out that
dynamic addresses are not allowed I would terminate the ppp connection,
otherwise I would want to NAK the IPCP configure request with the acquired
IP-address.

I have looked into pppd plugin interface, but if I understand correctly the
current interface only provides the address given on the command line or
options file, not the ip-address requested by the other end. The ip-up or
ip-pre-up scripts don't seem to work for me because they are called when the
IPCP negotiation has already ended.

Could you please give me some ideas how I could implement this? Should I
extend the plugin interface so that I add hooks for IPCP negotiation and
create a plugin for this?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Jouko Nikula