Re: Multilink packet loss 2.6.32 - would like to resolve and have heterogenous links working

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the patches. What I've done so far was:
-Apply the kernel patches to our LNS Debian kernel and our CPE kernel
-Make the necessary modifications in userspace in pppd to make use of the new min frag ioctl. I picked a min fragment size of 49.

The results of testing as reported by a colleague are that there is still some dropped packets and speed tests are still not performing as well as with the round-robin patch. I can provide further details if this would help.

Next I will try setting SC_NOT_1_FRAG in PPPIOCSFLAGS and play around with various min frag sizes.

In the meanwhile any further ideas would be appreciated.

BTW, this is all with homogeneous links still; haven't even tested heterogeneous yet as was hoping to first replicate the performance equivalent to the round-robin patch on homogeneous.

Thanks
Erik