Re: [Patch] fix packet loss and massive ping spikes with PPP multi-link

Richard Hartmann schrieb:
> Hi all,
>
> unfortunately, I lack the thread [1] in which John and Erik so I am
> replying in my initial thread.
>
> Unfortunately, our own patch is still in its initial state even though
> we tried to clean it up to the Kernel's standard.
>
> As you can see in [1], there is a real problem with multilink ppp. Thus,
> I wanted to take the opportunity to ask for someone who is more familiar
> with both C and the Linux Kernel than we are to have a go at getting
> this code cleaned up and into mainline.
>

> Any and all feedback appreciated,
> Richard

Hi Richard,
i am not an export on kernel programming but i took a quick look into
patch and it look reasonable.
by looking at the patch only:

ppp->rrsched never gets resetted, i assume that is somewhere else ?

can you move the whole block into a separate function ?
then it will be easy to remove the ifdef stuff from the core function.

#if multi_link
 function()
{

	do shomething