RE: pppd hangs on SIGHUP

I'm going to look at it with gdb on the next hang, but in the mean time,
here are some strace files I had generated automatically during a pair of
halts.  The first (ppptrace.tar) was generated at the time of a hang caused
by the online time reaching the limit (36000) specified by maxconnect.  The
second (ppptrace1.tar) was generated by a SIGHUP issued to the PID of pppd.