RE: pppd hangs on SIGHUP

> > 	I call pppd with `pppd call cricket`
> >
> > 	Active options in the /etc/ppp/options file:
> >
> > asyncmap 0
> Not needed.

	It was left as default.

> > usehostname
> not needed

	Ditto.

> > auth
> definitely do not want.
> You do not want them to authenticate to you.

	I know that, but the comment in  the default options file says:

# Please do not disable this setting. It is expected to be standard in
# future releases of pppd. Use the call option (see manpage) to disable
# authentication for specific peers.

	Which is why I left it enabled in the options file and set "noauth"
in the calling file.

> > 	Contents of /etc/ppp/chatfile
> >
> > ABORT "NO CARRIER"
> > ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
> > ABORT "ERROR"
> > ABORT "NO ANSWER"
> > ABORT "BUSY"
> > "" "AT"
> Try AT&F
> instead

	AT&F doesn't seem to do anything.  OTOH, it doesn't cause any
errors, but since pppd doesn't even spawn chat during this failure, it's
exceedingly unlikely it would make a difference.