Re: ppp sometimes receives bogus dns with 3G hsdpa modems

Milan P. Stanic wrote:
On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 14:59, Jelle de Jong wrote:
I am having some question on why my hdspa ppp connection sometimes
but not always receives a bogus dns server (10.11.12.13). That
causes DNS resolving to break.

So I know there are several things I can use as workaround like
using resolvconf or disable the domain-name-servers request in the
dhclient.conf.

I am using Debian stable with ppp version 2.4.4rel-10.1

But I would like to see what the experts think what causes these
issues and what would be the best solution?

This system connection should try to stay persistent connected no
matter what.

Look here:

There are more references on that matter on the Net. And is discussed
here some time ago.

Thank you both Milan and Charlie,

The hyperlink confirmed some earlier searching about the issue.

I do have some questions. It seems Ubuntu made some patches for there ppp version that they think should present a solutions.

However these patches seems not to be included in Debian or by you guys upstream, why is this?

see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ppp/+bug/258801/comments/63

I am now going to test the connect-delay 5000 option that was also presented in some Debian bug comments.

Best regards,

Jelle