To: <linux-ppp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 07, 2009 9:53 PM
Subject: Calling-Station-Id

 This is my very first post, so apologies if I'm posting to the wrong list.

 OS CentOS 5.3
 Kernel 2.6.18-128

 My setup is PPTP client >> INTERNET >> pptpd (1.3.4) / PPP (2.4.4.-2) /
 Radius (2.1.6)

 in /etc/pptpd I have noipparam commented in order that the client's IP
 address is pass to PPP

 in /var/log/messages the clients ip is passed

 Sep  7 21:41:32 vpn1 pppd[9945]: ipparam 78.8X.18X.XX           # (from
 command line)

man pppd

ipparam string
              Provides  an  extra parameter to the ip-up, ip-pre-up and
              ip-down scripts.  If this option  is  given,  the  string
              supplied  is given as the 6th parameter to those scripts.

pppd does NOT do anything withit. It is up to your scripts to do something with
it. pppd certainly does not send it on  to the other end.

But why do you care? ppp is peer to peer . It does not use ip addresses. And
usually your address is given by the remote side since it is what has to
forward the packets to you, and you simply dump the packets onto the line--
there is no routing.

Note also that that line in the logs is NOT passing anything. It simply states
that pppd has received that parameter from the command line. It does not say
it has done anything with it.

 But what ends in Radius is Calling-Station-Id = "8.87" and not the FULL
 IP.

 I searched google and I can see alot of people have had this problem, but
 I've not be able to find a fix.

 Thx
 Nev