Re: pptpd

tony.chamberlain@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> and then in CHAP secrets I put logins and passwords.
> Thing is, people need their own IP address (need to count
> on it each time they connect).  For instance, if I have
> something in chap secrets like
>

>    lincoln * abraham *

Change that to:

	lincoln * abraham 192.168.0.234

> Can I do this somehow?  Doesn't have to be in chap-secrets as long as
> I can do it.  Is there something like an options.lincoln file?

No, but if the fifth element on the line is "--", you can add extra
options there.  These are applied only after the PPP Authentication
phase, so they can't be LCP or auth options.  For instance:

	lincoln * abraham 192.168.0.234 -- novj

You can also specify the fourth parameter as an allowed address range
or include "+" to specify that the address is formed using the unit
number.  See the man page for details.

--
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carlsonj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>