Re: modem session behavior

I'm running ppp on a dual core P4.  I'm interested to know what problems
you are seeing.  I run ppp in demand mode.  We use it heavily.  I was
running it on FC2 with 2.6.10 but now I've switched to CentOS 5
2.6.18.... kernel.

In demand mode we have a program that is ran as if-down and if-up.  This
is because another device can call in and gain the same address as the
interface waiting.  The program downs the other interface and will up a
down interface when ppp dies.  It is hard to explain but it makes 2
devices work in demand mode with each other.