Re: What are the correct NETMASKs for multiple PPPoE interfaces in a StaticIP block?

Gerianne McC writes:
> Each of my StaticIPs is configured with unique RDNS domains.
>
> My current approach is to expose each one of those StaticIPs as a
> separate (aliased) PPPoE intfc -- hence the ppp0:# -- as the external
> interfaces of a firewall.
>
> Then, I'll use the firewall (usual tools -- NAT, forwarding, etc) to
> map traffic t & through those interfaces to various servers/services
> on my LAN and DMZ segments.

OK; that makes more sense.  I would have expected separate firewalls
for each of those domains ... but this approach (though maybe unusual)
ought to work.

--
James Carlson         42.703N 71.076W         <carlsonj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>