Re: Using an NTS instead of the local serial device ?

On Fri, Dec 28, 2007 at 04:41:04PM -0800, wotuzu17 wrote:

> If there was a -socket option, I'd like to try. But I can't find a -socket
> option neither in the man pages nor in other documentation about pppd.
>
> # pppd: unrecognized option '-socket'
>
> Here at home I have a Suse 10.1 linux with pppd version 2.4.3 installed.
>
> The serial ports on the Lantronix are easily accessable- e.g.
> # telnet 192.168.0.1 2003

I do not think my version of pppd supports that either.  What you need is the
software that will create link a pseudo tty in each system to the terminal
server and then you can run pppd on each side.

http://demo.opsdc.com/atlpm/ttyd2.pl

I wrote that for a friend to map some pseudos on a SUN box to another
terminal server.  It may need some tweaks but should map a pseudo
on Linux to a port on the TS.

-