Re: ppp reconnects after receiving ConfReq id=0x3 <mru 1400>

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007, Rajkumar S wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to connect to net via a USB CDMA device, on a debian etch
system. I can configure ppp with out any problem and also connect to
net, but after I connect ppp disconnects and reconnects frequently
after receiving this message from the peer.

<magic 0xfb6a0660>]

my ppp config is:

hide-password
noauth
connect "/usr/sbin/chat -v -f /etc/chatscripts/vsnl"
debug
/dev/ttyACM0
460800
defaultroute
replacedefaultroute
noipdefault
user "internet"
ipparam vsnl
usepeerdns

This usually happens if there is a default gateway via ppp0 device.

I do not understand this statement. What is the purpose of the connection?
Is that supposed to be an ISP through which you connect to the rest of the
net, or is a peer yousimply want to connect to directly. If the latter,
then why make it your default gateway? I assume you mean by "there is a default gateway via ppp0" that you have
that defaultroute option, and when you do not have a default gateway you
have removed the defaultroute options from the ppp config file.

If this is not true, then what do you mean by that statement?

But as Carlson says, the problem seems not to be on your end, but on the
far end of your connection and that is where the solution will have to be
implimented.

The  connection stays online for hours if there is no default gw. I am
posting full logs at http://pastebin.ca/748250

I am sitting behind this for couple of days with out any solution, any
help to resolve this is much appreciated.

raj
-

-