Re: ppp in D+ state

I had this same problem but my solution may not be a good one.  I had a
server that worked flawlessly for 2 years. It only had 512m of memory
and we decided to upgrade.  I added 2 GB to make a total of 2.5GB.  This
system ran 2.6.5 kernel with FC2.  After the upgrade I saw this problem.
We use vtun and run pppd that way so after about 3 days I would see at
least a 100 pppd processes like this.  Kill -9 did not work and load
average was at 100+.  The system become non-responsive.  I could not log
in.  Luckily I invested in intelligent power strips that saved me a trip
to the data center.  To fix this problem I would issue an off then on
command to the strip for that outlet.  I thought it might have been a
memory issue but I downloaded the 2.6.10 kernel upgrade for FC2,
compiled it and my problem went away.  I'm not sure what was causing
this issue but it only started when I went from 512m to 2.5G of ram.

-