Hibernation on Lenovo X230 in 4.7

Hello,

I encountered a problem that turned hibernation from rock-solid to barely reliable on my machine, sometime between kernel 4.6 and 4.7.

The issue is that after loading the hibernation image, the system reboots instead of following into the image. This happens without any obvious reason: the system can hibernate/resume a few times in a row, and fail at the next. Conversely, it can fail after the first hibernation, even though it was only used for an hour and a handful of programs were started.

My main issue is that I need help debugging it - with a rate of failure about 1/4, it's going to take me weeks to bisect it (this is my main system). No useful logs are preserved or displayed - the sequence is POST, GRUB, text mode blinking cursor with drive activity, reboot.
Is there a way to force the logs to get written somewhere - maybe a dedicated partition? The laptop doesn't appear to have builtin serial port.

The system in question is Lenovo X230: Intel Ivy Bridge CPU, Intel wireless adapter, HDD (boot) + SDD (swap), Fedora 23, kernel 4.7.9-100.fc23.x86_64 (and earlier 4.7).
Hibernation is done using KDE 5 power management (power/hibernate).

Cheers,
rhn