Re: Resume problem, reboot instead of resume after suspend on Zepto Nox A14

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 10:39, MyungJoo Ham <myungjoo.ham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> When core is used for pm_test, the platform_ops's enter() is not
> called. Thus, you are not actually testing the real suspend-to-RAM,
> you are testing everything suspend-related materials except for the
> real suspend-resume mechanism for the CPU.
>
> I'm not familiar with x86's ACPI; however, this looks like a
> resume-related problem.
> Probably, at the BIOS (or any other pre-BIOS stage?), the CPU cannot
> read the "the system has been suspended-to-RAM" message?
> or the resume routine of kernel is failing and the system resets or
> jumps to BIOS?
> , which are some issues we've experienced with ARM devices and its bootloaders.
>
> You'll probably need to examine the ACPI's suspend-to-RAM related bits
> or data structure at the platform_ops's enter() callback. And see if
> anything is corrupted or mis-configured.

I made some progress: with "nolapic" I'm able to get back to my
desktop, however if I make any fs access (like running an executable),
the system just locks. At least it doesn't reboot so it's an
improvement. I'll try so investigate further.

--
Damien Thebault