freezer: should barriers be smp ?

when we suspend/resume Blackfin SMP systems, we notice that the
freezer code runs on multiple cores.  this is of course what you want
-- freeze processes in parallel.  however, the code only uses non-smp
based barriers which causes us problems ... our cores need software
support to keep caches in sync, so our smp barriers do just that.  but
the non-smp barriers do not, and so the frozen/thawed processes
randomly get stuck in the wrong task state.

thinking about it, shouldnt the freezer code be using smp barriers ?
the point is to make sure that the updates are seen across all cores
are not just the current one ?
-mike