Re: Question about hibernation

Hi Rafael,

I am working on device driver whose some part is user space and some part is kernel space. So the user space part
of the driver provides interface to user space applications.
1) Now, Suppose some user space is application is going on which is accessing the user space driver and user space driver
scheduled some jobs to kernel space, Now suppose system hibernation start, since it freezes all the user space processes
so suppose jobs are not completed yet which are scheduled to kernel space by user space.

when the kernel space device driver completes the jobs and gives the notification to user space driver, since user space
process is already frozen, so there will be problem if we suspend the driver using suspend and resume.

right?

2) The other point I was seeing, when the power management core freezes all the processes before suspending and resuming
devices, it will take some time for freezing and after that if some device driver refuses to suspend, then it will again resume
the whole processes, so latency time be more. right?

3) Next question is regarding the kernel space threads, when these are frozen during suspend/hibernation?

Thanks
Raj