Re: suspend blockers & Android integration

On Sun, Jun 06, 2010 at 12:36:21PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010, Arve Hjønnevåg wrote:

<snip>

> > events like input event go though a single thread in our system
> > process, while other events like network packets (which are also
> > wakeup events) goes directly to the app.

If you want to wake up cgroup-frozen tasks for these fds perhaps your
framework can fcnt(fd, F_SETOWN, <p[g]id>) to send SIGIO to a
userspace-suspend-blocker thread/process/process group. When IO comes in, the
suspend blocker is signalled which then unfreezes the cgroup of the frozen
untrusted task. SIGIO works on pipes, fifos, sockets, ttys, and ptys --
many of which are precisely the kinds of things that would connect [trusted
and untrusted] apps. Notably absent (last I checked): inotify fds, signalfd,
timerfd, eventfd, filesystem fds and likely more.

Incidentally, this is just to show that it's not impossible to implement
"wakeups" for cgroup-frozen tasks in userspace.

Cheers,
	-Matt Helsley