Re: suspend blockers & Android integration

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010, Brian Swetland wrote:

> Yeah, I do understand that we're not making it easy for ourselves
> here.  I think we hit the point where Rafael and Matthew signed off on
> things and thought "aha, linux-pm maintainers are happy, now we're
> getting somewhere" only to realize the light at the end of the tunnel
> was a bit further out than we anticipated ^^

What you missed is that the linux-pm maintainers have relativly little
weight in getting things into the kernel. They are gatekeeper, so until
they approve it there is basically no chance of getting in, but even
changes that they develop and push frequently have a uphill battle to get
into the kernel, especially if they would end up touching all drivers.
There have been several proposals by the pm team that have been shot down
much more completely than wavelocks.

David Lang