Question on USB re-enumeration

Hi,

I have a couple of questions of re-enumeration of usb devices on suspend-resume

I have a USB Device permanently connected to the host controller.

Upon resume - Should i usb device get re-enumerated?
If so, does Linux choose a different address for accessing it?

If i have a USB harddisk, I am accessing it using a device node say /dev/sdb1
The harddisk is mounted as /dev/sdb1.

Now, i go into suspend and then resume - If i need to re-enumerate the devices
It could be detected as /dev/sdc1... or something.

If that is the case i cannot access my harddisk - since im assuming /dev/sdb1.

What im seeing here is - My usb device is permanently connected to the usb host via an external phy.

 When i suspend - i turn off the clocks and upon resume - turn on the clocks and reset the phy.

 For some time - i am able to access the device, What happens is - The device gets re-enumerated to some other device node.

I am not sure if this is a device issue or a resume function issue.

Please advice.

Regards,
sriram