Re: Massive ext4 filesystem corruption after a failed s2disk/ram cycle

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> On Wed, 07 Oct 2009, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>> > Which ones?
>>
>> XFS for one example.
>
> Interesting.  So XFS is not only a Bad Idea for /, but also for anything
> that might enter S3/S4.  Not nice.  I sure hope it doesn't do a
> half-assed job of flushing and checkpointing itself during machine
> shutdown/restart like it apparently does when told to "sync" before
> S3/S4...

For what it is worth, I would also be quite interested to know /why/ XFS is
bad in this regard.  Is it just the previously stated "XFS writes to disk
despite freezing kernel threads" issue, or something deeper?

        Daniel
--
✣ Daniel Pittman            ✉ daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx            ☎ +61 401 155 707