Re: [Suspend-devel] Help

El 29/09/2009, a las 00:27, "Rafael J. Wysocki" <rjw@xxxxxxx> escribió:

> On Tuesday 29 September 2009, Rodolfo (kix) wrote:
>> Hi!!
>
> Hi,
>
>> 1. A new database file, comma separated, has been created (it was
>> terrible, I am very tired)
>
> Well, I can imagine. :-)
>
>> 2. A little script to search in the database (using the "match"
>> function) is implemented
>> 3. Other script to convert the database file to whitelist.c has been
>> created too.
>>
>> The scripts has been created using perl. Why? because is fast, good
>> and is only for the database maintaning, not for the code
>> distribution.
>>
>> Please, test it, the code is in http://www.kix.es/20090929/
>
> OK, so the idea is that users wanting to add an entry to the
> whitelist will
> edit the whitelist file and the use your script to generate a new
> whitelist.c before building s2ram.  Is this correct?

Really I don't know. Probably the users can send the entry to the mail
list and (I | We) generate a new whitelist.c

Probably we can accept/ decline the new machine using other script and
post it to the git automatically

I am not sure about if the users need the database file... IMO the
database management and the whitelist.c creation should be monitorized
and not fully open. A bad entry can be ... terrible?

Using your procedure, if two users modify the script at the some time
and sent it, we will lost one entry, therefore we need to use diff
between them.

On the other hand, probably the database can be "cleaned". Probably
some entries can be dupplicated.

Time to sleep.

More opinions??

Kix