Re: [Suspend-devel] Help

Hi Rafael,

I am thinking about the maintaining ...

1. The users sends the hardware info to be added to the database (now
by mail). Then:

1. Probably we need a little script (or web script? or post directly
form the s2ram -i?):
  1.a The script checks if the machine is previously added to the
database (in a text file). Probably this script can read from the
mailing list format

xxxx:% sudo /root/s2ram -i
This machine can be identified by:
    sys_vendor   = "TOSHIBA"
    sys_product  = "Satellite U305"
    sys_version  = "PSU34U-00L003"
    bios_version = "V1.70   "
See http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram for details.

  1.b If is not added, the script add the machine to a text file.

2. The text file can be processed using a little script to convert it
to the "whitelist.[c,h]" files and converted to web page (s2whitelist
and s2web :-))
3. The script can do a git update if needed.

In my opinion, the file should have this format:

<author info for the comment's
line>·<sys_vendor>·<sys_product>·<sys_version>·<bios_version>·<flags>

I am using the "·" separator because probably is not used in any field.

What do you think? Thanks.

Best Regards,

kix.

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Rafael J. Wysocki <rjw@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi kix,
>
> On Saturday 22 August 2009, Pavel Machek wrote:
>> Hi!

>> > Yes, sorry for the lack of response, but I didn't really have the time to
>> > review the patch.
>> >
>> > That said, I don't think we'd like to move the whitelist to a separate file.
>> > Rather than that, we've been considering removing it altogether.
>> >
>> > Still, if you want to maintain the whitelist in its current form, I think
>> > you could do that.
>>
>> Yes, maintainer for the whitelist would be very welcome.
>>
>> Now... whitelist inside the binary is very welcome for init=/bin/bash,
>> etc; OTOH if the .c file is compiled from .txt description... that's
>> probably acceptable. Also it might make sense to load external
>> whitelist _in addition_ to the internal one, so people can quickly
>> experiment with whitelist entries...
>
> If you're still willing to be a whitelist maintainer, please set up a git
> repository from which I can pull the whitelist updates.
>
> If you'd like to move the whitelist to a separate file, please do so.  You are
> free to use whatever format you think is suitable, although it would be nice
> if the whitelist file could be easily updated by users.
>
> Best,
> Rafael

Rodolfo García "kix"
EA4ERH - IN80ER