Re: PM interface to suspend/resume individual/specific device

Hi, Rafael

Thank for the answer.

2 more things
A) The suspend/resume API assumes that  all user space process/kthread
access to driver will be frozen first
    This avoids race condition that processes/threads  are accessing
driver while suspend()/resume() of the driver is called at the same
time.

    Is my understanding correct?

B) I noticed your "Run-time PM framework" patch was submitted recently
    Do you think it is fair to allow user space to trigger run-time
suspend/resume for specific device?
    Sine the run-time suspend/resume would be system independent per my
understanding.