Re: [RFC Add no_suspend attribute V2] Let the driver know if it's in use

Hi,
Alan Stern wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Apr 2009, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>

>> Ok, I understand, so how to know the devices dependences? There is a way
>> to express
>> this relation? Because if it is not possible a single flag can be used
>>

> Nobody knows all the device dependencies.  That's why we're afraid that
> if you change the list, something will break.

But this happen for broken device? The list is a sufficient condition
for correct
suspend phase but is not necesarry, because all the dependence are not
registerd.
But just to understand: What are the typical situation, because I
suppose that
we are not talking about broken device.
>>> This will set the dont_suspend flag for all devices in the subtree
>>> starting at topdev.
>>>

>> Yes this is possible, but you walk all list twice.
>>

> So what?  Walking the list is very quick, and you're not on a
> time-critical path.

Yes, you are right, I will submit a new patch with all the necessary fixes
> Alan Stern

Thanks