Re: [RFC Add in_use attribute] Let the driver know if it's in use

Hi,

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Thursday 23 April 2009, Michael Trimarchi wrote:
>
>> Greg KH wrote:

>>> Yes it does.
>>>
>>> But you have to start at some device, right?  So you don't need to
>>> iterate over it, just go from there on down if needed.
>>>

>> I start for a device, go down until I find a leaf or find that the
>> subtree is marked.
>> Mark the leaf and go up and take the next node like the walk_tg_tree.
>> The difference is
>> that I skip subtree if they are mark in_use.
>>
>>> So I don't see why this helper function is needed at all yet, shouldn't
>>> we be doing the check within the normal suspend device walk of the tree?
>>>

>> Sorry but here I need some help here. Where is the walk of the device
>> tree during suspend?
>>

> In drivers/base/power/main.c there are functions like dpm_suspend(), for one
> example, that walk the device tree, but they do it in a simplified way, using a
> list prepared specifically for this purpose (so the walk is in fact linear).

I don't want add a new list and
If I use the dpm_list a must go back to the root for each element using
the parent and check
the flag because the list maybe don't mantein the parent relation.

example:
s(A) is son of A ss(A) etc

A-B-s(B)-s(B)-s(A)-ss(B)-ss(A)

I don't know if B the second element has child of B I must look it's
parent and so on.
So the complexty increase.

The suspend order is correct but the computation time is worse. Maybe I
can move
the code outside the base/core.c and put it in the power/main.c but I
don't have
the next_device function and other to move up and down. I put there that
function
because I have all the necessary code.

Michael