Adding PM QoS parameters

I have just started looking at the PM QoS implementation; I came across this
text in "pm_qos_interface.txt"

[quote]
The infrastructure exposes multiple misc device nodes one per implemented
parameter.  The set of parameters implement is defined by pm_qos_power_init()
and pm_qos_params.h.  This is done because having the available parameters
being runtime configurable or changeable from a driver was seen as too easy to
abuse.
[/quote]

Though I have understood the intent; i feel it may also be limiting the use
where there is a genuine need - specific to an arch/ platform.

Can we allow number of these params to grow upto a reasonable limit (say 8)?
If an arch/platform does not specifies more params, everything remains same.
But we get an opportunity to add arch/platform specific requirements.

Not sure if this has already been discussed earlier, but would like to hear
more thoughts.

Best regards,
Sanjeev