PM with rootfs on mmc?

Hi,
  I am trying to test pm on my platform/board.
  I am using the latest linux kernel - 2.6.28-rc6
  PM Support exists in my mmc driver and suspend and resume work fine.

  With rootfs mounted via NFS. I am able to do
   $ echo -n mem > /sys/power/state

  The above works. It successfully calls suspend and resume of sdmmc driver.

  However, the same does not work if i have mounted the SDMMC card
with rootfs on NFS.

  The kernel hangs, when i try to do
     $ echo -n mem > /sys/power/state

 In this case suspend and resume functions of the driver are not called
 at all. (I gave a couple of debug prints at the beginning of suspend and resume
 and they didnot get print)

 Same behaviour is observed when i boot out of SDMMC card. Suspend/Resume
 dont work. The kernel hangs.

I get the messages in both case when i suspend-to-ram.

PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

I am not sure if this has to do with SD/MMC driver or something else.

Please advice.

Regards,
sriram