Power management microconf at Plumbers Conference, Sep 17-19

As a complement to the PM miniconf at OLS, there will be a power
management microconference as part of the Linux Plumbers Conference in
Portland between September the 17th and 19th[1]. Rather than looking at
purely kernel or userspace issues, the focus of the conference will be
on the interaction between the two. We're interested in discussion of
what needs to be exposed by the kernel to facilitate maximum power
savings, and also what userspace needs to do to take advantage of that.

The call for papers is now open at http://www.linuxplumbersconf.org/cfp/
- priority will be given to papers that discuss issues that affect both
the kernel and userland, but please don't let that put you off if
there's an especially compelling topic you'd like to bring up. We're
also especially interested in topics covering the embedded world, since
desktop PM issues are converging in that direction very rapidly.

The CFP closes on the 20th of July (sorry for the slightly late notice),
but if you'd otherwise miss the deadline then get something rough in now
and we'll accept a revised abstract later. Even if you don't want to
submit a paper, please do register for the conference. It ought to be an
ideal opportunity to hammer out issues that can't be solved by the
kernel or userland alone.

Hope to see people there!

[1] The schedule isn't entirely nailed down yet, so I'm not sure which
day
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx