Re: [QUESTION] How to reset TCP connections when resuming system from disk/ram

Alan Stern wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Jun 2008, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
>
>> Maxim Levitsky wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Thanks to your effort, the suspend to ram/disk works flawlessly on my
>>> desktop system.
>>>
>>> But I still have rather small, but annoying problem, that system doesn't
>>> understands that a long suspend cycle was done, and still waits for long closed
>>> TCP connections.
>>>
>>> I remember there was a patch to close all TCP connections on suspend, but it was rejected
>>> due to the fact that TCP sessions can live through short suspend/resume cycles.
>>>
>>> What can you suggest here?
>>> Is there a tool to close all TCP connections?
>
> I don't know the answer to your question.
>
> However you should note that closing all TCP connections is overkill.
> It's quite possible that some processes on your computer are
> communicating among themselves using TCP; there's no reason those
> connections should be killed.
Thanks a lot for the pointer, I agree completely
I guess such connections can be filtered by filtering out
connections with all local addresses (localhost, and each nic address)

When I have time I will probably write such a tool
(I need to look at /proc/net/.. for list of open TCP sockets,
and then I need to send RST to both ends of those sockets).

I can even parse netstat output for list of open sockets.

> Alan Stern

Thanks a lot,
	Best regards,
		Maxim Levitsky