Re: In Embedded system the dev_pm_info.power_state is useful

Hi Alan
Thank for your reply.
> That isn't the only way to check the power state.  You should have a
> private data structure associated with each of the devices you care
> about.  The address of the private data structure is what you store in
> platform_set_drvdata().  In the private data structure you can have a
> field to indicate the device's power state.

Yes you are right.
The problem is that each driver can use the private_data as it wants,
while I need a generic
 API to understand the power state of device.
Your suggestion works fine if (internally) we assume an agreement
 (i.e.: the first word in the private data is the power state) and in
this manner
 I can analyse several IP with a single API.
But to do that (at the moment) I just do
    (dev->power.power_state.event == xx)

and PM_EVENT_ON/PM_EVENT_SUSPEND are good enough.

Why did you decide to remove it?

Regards
 Francesco