In Embedded system the dev_pm_info.power_state is useful

Hi all
I'm Francesco Virlinzi and I work in STMicroelectronics, I'm a
developers of STLinux (www.stlinux.com) an
  embedded Linux distribution for ST Set Top Box.

I read in the pm mail list that you are going to remove in the kernel the
 dev_pm_info.power_state field in the dev_pm_info struct replaced by
bus-specific field.

My request is: don't do that.
In embedded system it' s really useful because there are a lot of
generic IP on a single bus (the pltaform bus)
  and the only way to check the power state of each IP is based on
'dev_pm_info.power_state'
  without this filed we will have our IP (platform_device) with no power
state concept...

At least we could put it under CONFIG_EMBEDDED.

What do you know?
Regards
 Francesco