Info on LDM, domain system and SOCs

Hi all
I'm looking the Linux Driver Model (LDM) and the PM issues.

I see the LDM is only "bus-oriented".
Is there an "official" reason why it doesn't track clock and voltage?

In a SOCs usually there is more than one clock therefore it could be useful track not only the clock (as already done by the linux/clock.h) but also the relationship between clock-and-device.

For this reason I'm working on a generic framework domain (to track clocks and voltage with the same API) and the relationship between domains and devices.

The basic idea is something like:

struct device_driver {
domain_ret_t (*domain_notifier)(struct domain_event * event, struct device* dev);
};

struct device {
   struct dev_dmn_info     clk;
   struct dev_dmn_info     vltg;
};

And in the future it tries to have a dynamic power management with all the info the system has on each device (bus_type, parent_device, clock_parent, voltage_parent).

Do you think is it a good idea? (if no why?)
Did somebody do something like that? (if no why?)

Ciao
Francesco