Re: Ottawa Linux Power Management Summit

<<Reprising off-list response, at Len's request>>

Hi, Len,

I would like to attend a PM summit preceding OLS.  I thought the one
held last year conveyed a good amount of useful information among the
participants, though there was a dissipation of consensus after the
meeting ended. I hope this year might lead to more concrete results.

I would like to see some attention to APIs to support power-aware
applications, latency awareness in frequency management, and other areas
of embedded interest.

thanks,
scott

| From: Len Brown<lenb@xxxxxxxxxx>
|
| I'd like to conduct a Linux Power Management Summit
| during the two days preceeding the Ottawa Linux Symposium:
|
| Monday June 25
| Tuesday June 26
|
| Hopefully the session can benefit from some of the lessons learned
| by the Storage Summit folks -- according to James they include:
|
| 1. round-table format -- discussion oriented, limited presentations.
| 2. limit to ~20 attendees to support discussion format
| 3. prepare agenda and topic list by consensus via e-mail ahead of time.
|
| Please let me know what you think should be on the agenda,
| and if you are motivated to show up for the discussion.
|
| thanks,
| -Len

scott preece
motorola mobile devices, il67, 1800 s. oak st., champaign, il  61820
e-mail:	preece@xxxxxxxxxxxx	fax:	+1-217-384-8550
phone:	+1-217-384-8589	cell: +1-217-433-6114	pager: 2174336114@xxxxxxxxx