RE: Why don't we use _TTS method?

ACPI
> specification (ACPI 3.0b) says that this method should be used for
> intiating
> and finishing power transitions.  Could you please tell me why we
don't
> use it?

[Moore, Robert]

Probably because it's fairly new and it takes a long time for these
things to appear in real machines. Also, needs to be supported in
Windows before we ever see it in real machines.

> 2) In the functions acpi_enter_sleep_state_prep(),
> acpi_enter_sleep_state(),
> acpi_leave_sleep_state() we manipulate GPEs quite extensively (we
disable
> and enable them for a couple of times during a transition), although
the
> specification doesn't tell anything about that explicitly.  Could you
> please
> explain to me what the purpose of that is?

[Moore, Robert]

There a wake GPEs and runtime GPEs that need to be managed separately.
We want to make sure that only the "Wake" GPEs are enabled as we goto
sleep.

Bob