Re: Alternative Concept

Hi,

Although I agree that the current clock framework can handle power or
voltage domains in many platforms, having something like (struct clk
powerdomain1, powerdomain2;) does not seem like a good implementation,
a struct for clocks representing a power domain.

If a new framework is more straighforward and introduces a negligible
overhead to the current kernel, I think it is worthwhile to have a
look at it. Plus this new framework might be able to take care of
those platforms that are not nicely supported by the current clock
framework.

Ikhwan