[linux-pm] Building ACPI for PPC architecture

rajeshprabhu72721 writes:

> We are trying to build ACPI for PPC e300 core . The problem is we

Why?  What problem do you think that will solve?

> donot have a BIOS running to supply the System Descriptor Tables to
> ACPI during boot. So ACPI gets disabled during boot. Are the system
> desc tables must for the ACPI to run? Or is there a method where we
> can avoid these tables and make ACPI work directly. Without BIOS how
> do we make ACPI up and running?

ACPI is a bad idea (see Linus Torvalds' rants about ACPI in the
linux-kernel mailing list archives for the reasons).  Fortunately no
PowerPC platform has tried to implement it.  If nothing else, the
endianness difference would make it impracticable.

Paul.